Run for Homes is taking place over March and April 2016 and is an opportunity for housing associations to raise awareness of what they do for the people and neighbourhoods in their area, and why they do it. It's also a great chance to raise money for housing and homelessness charities that provide much needed support to our local communities.
What do I have to do?
- Find a running event in your area taking place in March or April – this can be a 5k, 10k, half marathon, or even a marathon.
- Decide if you're entering individually or as a team (you could use this as a great team-building event).
- Organise entry into the event that you'd like to participate in and decide on the charity, or charities, that you'll be supporting.
- Let us know you're taking part by contacting Katie Teasdale.
- Organise training and make sure you/your team are fit and healthy enough to complete your chosen activity. You could post pictures, blogs and short videos of your training in the build up to the event as well as of the event itself. Don't forget to tweet about your progress using the hashtag #runforhomes
- Promote Run for Homes to local media. You can also use this opportunity to produce press releases, raising awareness of housing associations and showcasing the work you do.
If you don't fancy entering an organised event, you can still support the campaign by arranging something in your area over the duration of Run for Homes.
Again, make sure you let us know you're taking part by contacting Katie Teasdale.
Some ideas are:
- a sheltered housing event where staff and residents walk, jog or run around the scheme a certain number of times
- a relay from each of your offices or from scheme-to-scheme
- a stairs challenge to see how many times people can go up and down the stairs in a given time
- a challenge to burn the most calories or walk the greatest number of steps, individually or as a team.
Please note: you will need to take responsibility for risk assessments, health and safety, legal and insurance compliance for any activities you organise.
In return for your sweat and tears we will:
- provide you with a Run for Homes logo that you could use on t-shirts or other items you may wish to produce
- include your organisation’s name in publicity, social media activity and any press releases
- provide colleagues with media information, support and plenty of encouragement.
For more information, please email Katie Teasdale or call 07785 710179.