All you need to know about the North East regional committee and how they operate.
The Federation maintains regional committees centred on the nine government office regions. The overall purpose of each committee is to represent the Federation’s membership and act as the key conduit to both the membership and practitioner groups for influencing the regional agenda and the Federation’s national strategy.
The role of regional committees
- To be the unified voice and focus for Federation members in the region
- To provide the necessary intelligence/information to assist policy formulation and sector responses to government policy/initiatives
- To be the key body in the region for influencing customers and stakeholders and co-ordinating the influencing strategy among existing regional structures
- To ensure that there is effective two-way communication between the Federation and its members in the region, managing their needs, expectations and views
- To provide input to the production of policy, products and services and appropriate dissemination
- To act as the key point of contact between the National Housing Federation at the centre, and in the regions.
Who sits on the committees?
Each committee comprises twelve members from Federation member organisations, elected for a three-year term and permitted to sit for a maximum of three terms. A provision exits to co-opt. Committees elect their own chairs and are serviced by National Housing Federation officers.
Paul Fiddaman - Cestria Community Housing Group (Chair)
Geraldine Wilcox - Derwentside Homes (Vice Chair)
Maurice Condie - Tyne Housing Association Alison Thain - Tees Valley Housing Keith Loraine - Isos Housing Angela Lockwood - Endeavour Housing Association Ian Porter - Gentoo Sunderland Mike Axe - Three Rivers Housing Association Colin Steel - Livin Paul Tanney - Four Housing Group Graham Darby - Home Group Cath Purdy - Vela Group Iain Sim - Coast and Country Housing