This briefing details the number of homes housing associations developed in the first quarter of this year (2017/18).
24 August 2017
The results come from our supply survey, which received a response rate of 84%. These members also cover 94% of stock owned by developing housing associations.
The key points are:
- Housing associations started 9,063 homes in 2017/18 Q1
- Housing associations also completed 9,291 homes
- 61% of starts (5,565) were delivered outside the Affordable Homes Programme (AHP), compared to 48% of completions (4,505)
- 1,051 homes for social rent were started, of which 82% (859) were delivered outside the AHP (2,881 homes), compared to 74% of completions (833)
- 64% of affordable starts were delivered through Section 106 (4,943), compared to 57% of affordable completions (4,403)
- 15% of starts (1,335) and 16% of completions (1,505) were for market rent or sale.