A performance benchmarking service to help you achieve continuous improvement.
HouseMark is the leading performance improvement service for the housing sector, dedicated to helping housing associations, local authorities and ALMOs to save money and improve standards.
Proud to have more than 950 subscribers, HouseMark is jointly owned by the National Housing Federation and the Chartered Institute of Housing. HouseMark subscribers benefit from a range of services designed to help raise standards and improve business efficiency:
- Industry-wide cost and performance benchmarking on housing management and maintenance
- Specialist benchmarking services on performance indicator tracking, anti-social behaviour, complaints, resident involvement, homelessness and more
- Online knowledge base of good practice materials and advice and a weekly email newsletter to every user
- Lively interactive forum supported by an expert team to help with queries
- Regional performance improvement clubs that meet three times a year
- Service improvement workshops on hot topics such as anti-social behaviour and gas servicing
- Procurement for Housing purchasing consortium.
HouseMark provides consultancy services to subscribers and non-subscribers alike. Its consultancy team can help you meet strategic and operational objectives, promote good practice and build efficiency in your business. HouseMark supports landlords to embed a tenant focus in their approach to performance improvement.
- Performance measurement
- Accreditation services
- Tenant-powered performance
- Value for money assessment.