...for the numbers that count
What is HousingFigures?
HousingFigures is the Federation’s ad hoc data supply and analysis service, allowing you to get straight to the figures you need, summarised and presented in the way you need them.
What HousingFigures can offer you
- the essential numbers as groundwork to your research and policy initiatives, from CORE, RSR, Surveys of Existing Tenants, New Earnings Survey, Survey of English Housing, the 2000 Index of Multiple Deprivation (and its component indices), Feedback Tenant Satisfaction Surveys, Supporting People Client Record Form Data and many other sources
- information appropriate to your policy needs, selected, derived and presented in the way you specify it, as tables, graphs or maps, on paper and in a variety of computer readable formats
- a quick and responsive service at a reasonable price, discussed and agreed with you in advance. We will be happy to talk through your data requirements with you, whether for a regular update service to be repeated when new information becomes available or for a one-off piece of analysis drawing on one or several sources.
Take a look at the following examples of our work:
- Provider’s standard Supporting People Client Record Form report (PDF, opens new window)
- Association’s report on ethnicity of lettings compared with Census at local authority level (Excel, opens new window)
HousingFigures and its predecessor Data Analysis Service has been providing key figures and analysis for housing professionals from the CORE record of new lettings and sales for over 10 years. As well as CORE, we provide invaluable information on:
- all housing association stock, occupancy rates and rents (not just new lettings), management and ownership patterns, additions to stock, activities outside traditional social housing and staffing levels
- alternative housing costs - rents in the local authority and private sectors, and house prices in the owner occupied sector
- wider sources of economic and income data
- local indicators of social and economic well being or exclusion.
And more from many other data sources.
HousingFigures is provided by the National Housing Federation in agreement with the Tenant Services Authority.