How the Federation can support housing association boards to deliver for their organisations and protect the sector’s reputation.
Housing association boards play a key role in making sure that organisations are well run, effective and deliver on their mission. Making sure that boards are supported to do this is important for the reputation of the sector, and for delivery.
At the Federation we have been working with board members to identify the key support that they need from us to do this more effectively.
We are lucky that housing association boards can attract passionate, highly skilled and influential people. But housing is a complex, ever-changing world and with the sector under closer scrutiny following the Grenfell Tower fire, we want to support your boards to deliver the best for your businesses and customers.
With this in mind, we are launching our board member offer, which sets out what board members can expect from their organisation’s membership of the Federation.
How we can help
- develop your knowledge of the housing sector
- provide opportunities for you to improve your technical skills and expertise
- inform your understanding of the political environment
- board member publications and conferences
- webinars, seminars and workshops on key strategy and business-critical issues
- housing policy and political intelligence updates, including our quarterly Report to Boards briefing - email email@example.com to be added to the mailing list.
- expert insight and input into board meetings, board away days and wider strategic thinking.
- help you to grow your personal network across the housing sector
- facilitate peer-to-peer learning to share best practice and innovation
- support you to engage key influencers and stakeholders
- events where you can hear from experts, decision makers and key stakeholders
- a named point of contact to help you access the right support at the right time
- opportunities to network with your peers at local events in every part of the country
- sign up to our board member online forum.
- inform your strategic thinking with insight and expertise
- influence the Government to create a better environment for housing associations
- support you and your organisation through challenging times
- creating opportunities for you to inform, shape and lead the Federation's influencing work
- expert support and guidance on key business issues.
To discuss our wider strategy on board members, please get in touch with Katie Teasdale in the first instance. If you want to speak to someone about the support available in your area then email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will put you in touch with your local manager.
Board Members' Conference 2019
Book your place for the only national event for board members in the housing association sector. Our Board Members' Conference on 1-2 February in Manchester brings together around 250 board members to hear from high profile speakers, network with their peers and discuss ways to improve governance and board performance.