We set up the national building safety group to reflect the importance of the ongoing work and challenges that we face as a sector.
The group will help shape the sector’s response to the new system of building regulations proposed by the government, and help us support housing associations towards a smooth transition into a new regulatory environment. The safety of residents will always be a priority to the sector. This group will provide overall feedback on their experiences and will support our work to drive culture change.
What the group will focus on
The regulatory system proposed in the ongoing Building a Safer Future consultation focuses on buildings over 18m, or six storeys, and ‘complex’ buildings that house people with particular vulnerabilities. The Government is asking for feedback on this and we would expect this to expand to bring more buildings in scope.
- Liz Skelton (The Guinness Partnership) Chair
- Suzanne Whitehead (Clarion) Vice Chair
- Andrew Liles (Together Housing Group)
- Emma Richman (Great Places Housing Group)
- Brent O'Halloran (Hyde Housing Association)
- David Hall (The Wrekin Housing Group)
- Gavin Pierson (Network Homes)
- Paul Mooney (Salix Homes)
- Steve Pettitt (L&Q Housing Trust Group)
- Heather Langridge (Optivo)
- Jenny Harris (Sanctuary Housing Association)
- Sue Sutton (Salix Homes)
- Patrick Chauvin (Stonewater)
- Paul Dockerill (whg)
- Paula Heatley (Peabody)