We are running events for senior staff and decision makers within member organisations and local authority commissioning teams to inform our response to the Government’s consultation.
15 November 2017
The decision to move away from the previously proposed Local Housing Allowance (LHA) plus top-up model is welcome, but the proposal for short-term services signals a big change for the sector. Short-term services offer support and a home to some of the most vulnerable and marginalised people in our society. These services need funding security in the long term. However the monthly structure of Universal Credit causes problems for very short stay residents so we need to look for another solution. We need to properly understand where Universal Credit is a problem, looking again at he definition of short-term and transitional services, and design a system that is able to fill the gap. The consultation period offers the opportunity to get this balance right and we are taking this forward with the Government as a priority.
We are running events for senior staff and decision makers within member organisations and local authority commissioning teams to inform our response to the Government’s consultation. They will provide an opportunity to:
- discuss the consultation questions
- give your views on how the proposals should work
- consider the impact on your business and tenants.
- Birmingham – 1 December 2017 Fully booked
- Cambridge – 29 November 2017
- London (morning) – 15 December 2017
- London (afternoon) – 15 December 2017
- Manchester – 12 December 2017 Fully booked
- Nottingham – 12 December 2017
- Taunton – 21 November 2017
- York – 4 December 2017
We're also hosting two webinars for members in December.