The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) have opened a call for evidence into the Homelessness Reduction Act. They are looking into the impact the Act has had and the outcomes that are being achieved, which processes are working well, and which might need adjustment.
18 September 2019
This call for evidence seeks to gather evidence on:
- the impact the Act has had and the outcomes that are being achieved
- how has the Act changed the approach of local housing authorities and their partners to tackling homelessness and supporting those in need
- the experience of people approaching their local housing authority for help
- how the implementation of the Act has been resourced, including the level of new burdens funding to assist this
- what elements of the Act and processes are working well, and which might need adjustment
The Federation is compiling a response and we are welcoming input from members. If you would like to contribute or speak to us about the submission please get in touch by Wednesday 9 October.
You can find out more and read the full briefing by visiting the Government’s website.