How the Federation will support smaller housing associations in the best way possible to serve local communities and build the homes this country needs.
The Federation’s mission is to create an environment in which every single one of our members can thrive and deliver on their social purpose.
Smaller housing associations have always had – and will always have – an incredibly important role to play in our housing offer to the nation.
Our new offer to smaller housing associations sets out how the Federation will support smaller housing associations through more tailored resources, better networking opportunities, and a greater voice in our influencing work.
How we developed the offer
This offer is the result of extensive consultations with smaller housing associations. We worked closely with our National Smaller Housing Associations Group, and surveyed all chief executives of housing associations with fewer than 1,000 units.
This is the result of your feedback, and we hope it will form the basis for how we work together, and how the Federation supports smaller housing associations in the best way possible to serve our local communities and the build the homes this country needs.
We launched the offer on 1 November at our Smaller Housing Associations Conference and Exhibition.
What is in the offer?
- produce timely, practical policy guidelines and templates for business-critical issues
- tailor our content and communications more effectively to meet your needs and concerns
- provide a single point of contact so you can reach us easily and develop digital platforms that enable you to connect with your peers.
- address the cost barrier to accessing conferences by making cheaper early booking prices available and offering tailored multi-event discounts
- respond to your time and resource constraints by committing to do more video conferencing and webinars
- ensure our regional events programme reflects the geographical diversity of our sector.
Get your voice heard
- always recognise your interests and issues that affect smaller housing associations in our influencing work at a national and local level
- showcase your best practice and stories within and beyond the sector
- actively seek your input for consultations and address barriers to participation.
Help you build
- work with smaller housing associations and your staff to access the resources you need to build more homes
- engage with the Government, Homes England and local authorities to make development programmes more accessible to smaller housing associations
- help you access expertise from, and broker development partnerships with, other housing associations.
Increase your recognition
- reinvigorate the National Smaller Housing Associations Group – making it bigger, more diverse and more accessible
- develop a common identity to improve recognition and communicate your common purpose
- always encourage, promote and support smaller housing associations.
Download the offer
How to get involved
You can get involved in this work by joining our National Smaller Housing Associations Group, which supports the Federation in developing and testing new policy ideas, engages smaller housing associations in our work, and informs our responses to the Government and other stakeholders.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about our offer to smaller housing associations, or you’d like to find out how you can get involved, you can reach us through our dedicated contact point.
You can also contact Dave Smith, External Affairs Manager at the Federation.