Our updated Local Economic Impact Calculator shows housing associations’ contribution to the productivity of local areas.
29 May 2019
Housing associations are key drivers of economic growth and have a huge impact on the local communities where they operate, adding value to the UK economy and supporting thousands of jobs.
What is the calculator?
The Federation’s Local Economic Impact Calculator is a free, easy-to-use tool available to all members. It allows housing associations to estimate the economic impact of:
- building new affordable homes in their area, simply by inputting a given number of homes
- their day-to-day activity, calculated either by the number of homes managed or turnover
- the activity of housing associations within a given area.
Data can be profiled by:
- local authority area
- combined authority area
- Local Enterprise Partnership area
- English regions.
How to use the calculator
It’s essential for housing associations to demonstrate their strength to local and national politicians by promoting their economic contribution.
Our local engagement toolkit can help you influence policians and stakeholders, and build key relationships.
- Author: Cebr
- Publisher, year: National Housing Federation, 2019
Centre for Economics and Business Research (Cebr) is an independent economics and business research consultancy established in 1992.
This version replaces the 2018 edition. It is based on the latest available data and includes five new combined authorities.
|Member price||List price|
|Digital download||Free||Only available to Federation members||Buy digital download|