This briefing details the number of homes started and completed in rural areas in 2016/17. These are the results of a survey of all member who said that rural housing was an important part of their business.
17 July 2017
- Housing associations started 3,769 homes in rural areas in 2016/17
- Housing associations completed 3,030 homes in rural areas in 2016/17
- 48% (1,804) of rural starts were delivered outside the Affordable Homes Programme (AHP), compared to 49% (1,476) of completions
- 82% (450) of social rented starts were delivered outside the AHP, compared to 95% (383) of completions
- 68% (2,434) affordable starts and 68% (1,936) of affordable completions were delivered through Section 106