In our submission to the Autumn Budget 2017, we make proposals that we believe address the long-term housing challenges we face as a country.
25 September 2017
Our submission proposes specific and achievable recommendations that deliver on the Government’s and our members’ shared goals of:
- sustaining and increasing the supply of new homes
- helping people left behind by the broken housing market
- ensuring that people who need extra support have a safe home that meets their needs.
To deliver on our shared goals, we are calling on the Government to
- provide certainty on housing association rents post-2020
- support a new generation of high quality homes for social rent
- put in place an effective funding mechanism for supported and sheltered housing.
Our recommendations deliver greater value for money for the taxpayer by directing investment towards the causes of our housing crisis, rather than paying for the costs of failure.