The Government is reviewing Approved Document B (ADB), the guidance on meeting the fire safety requirements of building regulations.
As part of this review, in March the Federation submitted views to the Government’s call to evidence. In this submission we:
- set out our support for a review of the guidance and our sector’s commitment to ensuring residents’ safety
- outline the considerations that the Government will need to make to achieve this, and offer to work with them so that any changes to guidance consider the people living in the sector’s homes
- highlight the potential for unintended consequences on the affordability and availability of new housing, so that measures to mitigate this potential are considered at the outset.
- Federation submission to the Government's consultation on fire safety guidance, 4 March 2019. The Federation has submitted views to the Government’s call to evidence on a review of Approved Document B, which provides guidance on meeting the fire safety requirements of building regulations.
- Clarification of Approved Document B consultation – Federation response, 8 October 2018. We have responded to the Government’s consultation on the clarification of Approved Document B (ADB) of the Building Regulations.
- Fire safety guidance consultation, 12 September 2018. We are responding to the Government’s consultation on the usability of Approved Document B – the guidance on meeting fire safety requirements of the Building Regulations – and we want members’ views.