We’re collecting information from housing associations on the number of homes they have started and completed.
Why are we doing this?
Although the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government publishes various house building figures they do not cover all delivery by housing associations – for example, some delivery through Section 106 agreements or built outside of the Affordable Homes Programme.
To get a clearer and fuller picture of the level and breadth of development activity of housing associations, we conduct a quarterly supply survey, collecting data on new development directly from developing organisations. The high response rate we consistently achieve means we can demonstrate the full extent of development activity engaged in and funded by our members.
Collecting the data
Each quarter, we collect data from housing associations who are building new homes. For quarter one 2019/20, the deadline for responses is Friday 16 August.
If you are building new homes and do not receive an email from us requesting your development figures, please get in touch.
What does the data show?
- Overall tenure breakdown
- Completions by quarter and tenure type
- Starts by tenure type and programme
- Completions by tenure type and programme
- Regional breakdown
How many homes are housing associations delivering?
- How many homes did housing associations deliver in 2018/19?
- How many homes did housing associations deliver in 2017/18?
- How many homes did housing associations deliver in 2016/17?
- How many homes did housing associations deliver in 2015/16?
You can also download the data: