The National Housing Federation is the voice of affordable housing in England. We believe that everyone should have the home they need at a price they can afford.
That’s why we represent the work of housing associations and campaign for better housing. Our members provide two and a half million homes for more than five million people. And each year they invest in a diverse range of neighbourhood projects that help create strong, vibrant communities.
Mission and aims
The Federation's mission is to support and promote the work that housing associations do and campaign for better housing and neighbourhoods.
Our objectives are grouped around three areas.
We aim to create the conditions for our members and their tenants to flourish by:
- Engaging with government, media and other parties
- Securing favourable and flexible financial, legal and governance regimes.
We aim to help our members to perform effectively in rapidly changing conditions through:
- Effective communication
- The provision of excellent support services.
We aim to ensure the Federation:
- Is well governed and run
- Has an excellent reputation and credibility
- Is financially robust and operates cost effectively
- Is a great place to work.
In all this, we strive to achieve excellence and value for money.