We aim to support everyone at the Federation to create a healthy work–life balance, and to look after their mental health.
That starts with our line managers, who have all had training to help them support their team members’ wellbeing, and runs through all our policies and staff benefits.
As part of our commitment to creating an inclusive workplace, we encourage open conversations about mental health and wellbeing.
We also support health and wellbeing by providing:
- Personal health insurance: We pay for a personal medical plan for all employees. Our AXA plan provides cover including diagnostic tests, surgery and complementary therapies. In addition, you can opt to pay to include family members. Find out more about AXA PPP.
- 30 days annual leave. Everyone gets 27 days off each year (pro-rated if you work part time), plus Bank Holidays and three extra days off between Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- Flexible working: We're committed to helping our staff balance their work and home life and will consider a range of flexible working arrangements to support this. Many of our staff can work flexibly through our flexi-time scheme, where they can enjoy extra time off if they work more than their standard working hours.
- Occupational sick pay: All staff are eligible for occupational sick pay, with up to one month's sick pay in your first year of service, up to a maximum of six months’ pay after five years’ service. If you work part time this will be pro-rated.
- Access to an employee assistance programme: There may be times when you need advice or support in dealing with a personal situation either at home or at work. We offer a dedicated employee assistance programme, with a 24-hour confidential helpline staffed by experienced advisers.
- Reduced price gym membership: Our staff can access 50% off Puregym membership through AXA – whether they’re a member of our medical plan or not.
- Sabbaticals: Once you've worked here for five years you can apply for an unpaid career break, to travel, study or just recharge your batteries.
- Volunteering: The opportunity to give back is important to our staff. So we match volunteering leave up to five days a year, (prorated for part-time staff). We also encourage teams to volunteer as part of team-building events and away days.