NHF events terms and conditions
All delegates and related others (herein referred to as ‘the Participant’) attending National Housing Federation events (herein referred to as ‘the Organiser’) are required to adhere to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Each party warrants to the other that it has full right, title and authority to enter into and perform its obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless stated otherwise, all Fees are exclusive of VAT. All Fees are non-refundable (except as otherwise specified herein). Payment is to the Organiser in accordance with the following terms:
- All payments are in advance.
- A cancellation fee of £150 retained if cancellation is made prior to 45 days before an event
- 50% of due payment retained if cancellation made between 45 to 30 days before an event.
- 100% of due payment retained if cancellation made less than 30 days in advance.
- No refunds given in response to non-payment. This will apply to any part payments already received. The Organiser will require payment in full as detailed in (2) above.
- Any cancellation by the Participant; must be received by the Organiser by email or recorded delivery post.
- The Organiser is under no obligation to reimburse all or any part of the Fees received, or Fees owing in response to Force Majeure.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse any Participant entry to an event and to remove any related materials if Fees are not in receipt in full and in advance.
- At the absolute discretion of the Organiser, if a venue is unfit or unavailable for occupancy; or it becomes impossible or impractical to hold an event for reasons beyond the control of the Organiser, (including without limitation, war, strikes, floods, communicable diseases, governmental restrictions, power, telecommunications or Internet failures, or malicious damage or any other cause); the Organiser reserves the right (but shall not be obliged to):
- change the location and/or date
- curtail the event
- vary the scheduling of the programme, or
- cancel the event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove, amend or replace any speakers publicised in advance, or on the day of the event in response to reasonable circumstances beyond their control.
- The parties agree and acknowledge that the Organiser shall not have any liability to the Participant for a refund of the Fees; additional expenses or to make payment for any other loss or damage suffered by the Participant.
- The parties agree and acknowledge that the Participant will have no further claim whatsoever against the Organiser in respect of changes to an event.
- The Organiser is acting as a data controller and complies with current Data Protection legislation and regulations in relation to the collection, processing and sharing of Participant data. The lawful basis applied by the Organiser and the rights of the Participant are laid out in the Organiser’s privacy notice available at www.housing.org.uk/privacy
- The use of Intellectual Property pertaining to the Organiser is not permitted under this agreement.
- The Organiser will require the Participant to remove with immediate effect any social media messaging linked to an Organiser event perceived as being defamatory, derogatory or of a sexual or discriminatory nature. The Organiser may seek damages in this instance.
- Photographing or videotaping of any session or workshop at Organiser events is undertaken on the basis that the Organiser has the right to request ongoing use and gain unlimited access for its own promotional activities at no cost.
- These terms and conditions are governed by, and construed in accordance with English Law and the parties irrevocably agree that any dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions will be subject to and within the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Due to a number of delegates registering but not turning up at some events last year we are introducing a nonattendance charge at this and a number of other events. If you register and are unable to make the event please let us know up to 48 hours in advance so we can cancel your place for free and offer it to someone else.
You can also transfer the place to someone else in your organisation. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours in advance or you don’t attend on the day a charge of £40 +VAT will be applied which needs to be paid within 30 days.