Our board member online forum allows housing association board members to network with their peers from across the sector.
The forum is part of our offer to board members, a set of commitments the Federation has made to support board members in the housing association sector.
Board members consistently tell us how important networking is to them. The Federation offers a range of networking events so you can meet your peers face to face. This online forum complements that by providing networking opportunities between events.
You can post a topic to the forum, perhaps to seek advice from your peers or share good practice. The forum will then send your message to all of its members, who can then reply to you directly.
To help you make the most of the forum, we have put together some useful tips.
How to join
Joining the forum is simple:
- Visit the forum website to join. Please note that the board member forum is hosted within the company secretary forum for technical reasons.
- Click ‘Request to join’.
- Enter your email address in the pop-up box.
- Next, you will be sent a single-use code. Please check your inbox for this code and enter it into the box; click ‘verify’.
- Your request to join will be sent to the group administrator to approve, and you will receive a welcome notification once your subscription is approved.
How to log in for the first time
- Visit the forum sign-in page. Please note that the board member forum is hosted within the company secretary forum for technical reasons.
- Enter your email address. The first time you log in, you will be sent a single-use log-in code. Once you have received this code by email, enter it into the box and click ‘verify’.
Changing your password
If you do not choose to change your password, you will need to request and enter a verification code each time you log in.
- Go to the CoSecForum@listbox tab at the top left, underneath the logo. Click on the arrow on the left to view the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘profile and security’.
- In order to set a password, you may need to re-authenticate yourself. Do this by clicking the green ‘unlock’ button in the yellow bar at the top of the page. You will be sent another single-use code that you will need to enter and verify.
- You can now select ‘set a password’.
- Enter your password twice and click ‘change password’.
- Your password is now changed and you can use it the next time you log in.
Logging in with a password
If you have followed the steps above, you can log in with a password rather than a single-use code.
- Visit the forum sign-in page.
- Enter your email address and click ‘next’.
- Enter your password and click ‘log in’.
How to post
- Make sure that you are in Groups – Board member online forum.
- Click ‘new topic’ on the top right.
- Enter the topic title and write your message in the main box.
- Click ‘post’.
- Your post will be sent to an admin to approve. Once approved, you will receive a notification.
- Your post will appear in the ‘board member online forum’ tab and also in the ‘news centre’.
How to see and reply to previous posts
It is possible to see previous topics posted to the forum. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click on the ‘board member online forum’ tab under ‘Groups’.
- You will see a list of posts. Click on the post you are interested in.
- You can ‘reply to group’ at the bottom, and your response will be visible to all other members of the group.
When posting to the group, we suggest you consider the following guidelines. This will help maximise your response rate and support the networking approach the forum supports.
- Make the purpose of your post clear in the title.
- Keep your message succinct.
- Respond quickly and concisely when others post.
- Please only post on topics of relevance to housing association board members to ensure your messages are approved by the moderators.
Spread the word
Please also tell other board members who you know about the forum, as the more users it has, the more useful it will be as a networking tool.