Our board member online forum allows housing association board members to network with their peers from across the sector.
The forum is part of our offer to board members, a set of commitments the Federation has made to support board members in the housing association sector.
Board members consistently tell us how important networking is to them. The Federation offers a range of networking events so you can meet your peers face to face. This online forum complements that by providing networking opportunities between events.
You can post a topic to the forum, perhaps to seek advice from your peers or share good practice. The forum will then send your message to all of its members, who can then reply to you directly.
How to join
Joining the forum is simple:
- go to the Listbox page, where the forum is hosted
- when prompted, provide the list ID and your email address — the list ID is Boardmemberforum
- your request is then submitted to a moderator for approval, and you'll receive an email confirming your subscription and explaining how you can unsubscribe or modify your settings
- you will then receive an email asking you to click on a link to confirm your subscription
- you will then be able to login to forum using the list ID Boardmemberforum and the email address and password you used to subscribe.
How to post
- send an email to the forum's address (boardmemberforum[at]listbox.com) and the forum will share your message with all of its members
- note: you will not see members' email addresses at this point, but in sending your post you will be sharing your own
- individual members will then reply to your email directly and these will appear in your email inbox.
How to see previous posts
It is possible to see previous topics posted to the forum. To do so, follow these steps:
- log into your account using the list ID Boardmemberforum
- on the top left of the page, click on the messages tab, where you will find details of previous posts.
When posting to the group, we suggest you consider the following guidelines. This will help maximise your response rate and support the networking approach the forum supports.
- make the purpose of your post clear in the email title
- keep your message succinct
- respond quickly and concisely when others post
- to share your knowledge with others, we suggest summarising the replies you receive and posting these back to the forum
- please only post on topics of relevance to housing association board members to ensure your messages are approved by the moderators.
Spread the word
Please also tell other board members who you know about the forum, as the more users it has, the more useful it will be as a networking tool.