- Understand the context we operate in, and the wider political and economic implications to service charges.
- Implementation of leasehold reform, with updates on consultations on Commonhold (Law Commission) and Leasehold Abuse (MHCLG).
- Calculating and collecting sinking funds.
- Unadopted areas on new developments – avoiding the pot holes.
- New developments and their impact in context of sheltered housing.
- Pros and cons of qualifying long-term agreements.
12 September 2019
99 City Road Conference Centre, London EC1Y 1AX
The annual Leaseholder and Tenant Service Charges Conference delivers practical advice that can’t be obtained elsewhere. We’re bringing you updates on the latest case law and all-important leasehold reform, as well as more advanced technical sessions.
Discussions have moved on and new challenges have arisen for service charges professionals. Keep your knowledge up-to-date, and tailor the event to your requirements, whether you are new to service charges, or a more experienced practitioner. This is the one time of the year for more than 200 service charges professionals to get together and share experiences with both new and established colleagues. Find out how other housing associations are navigating challenges and renew your strategies.
Conference highlights include:
- peer-to-peer roundtables: this is the perfect forum for delegates to share their ideas around those challenges where there is not yet a set benchmark
- IT software: interfacing new software with other organisational systems - learn the tips and tricks for implementing different service charge systems
- apportioning the associated costs of new fire safety standards and maintenance.
“Brilliant event. It was my first one and I’m glad I attended. Useful information presented from a variety of topics.”
Accountant, Housing and Care 21
“A great opportunity to meet people doing the same job to share best practices and gain new ideas that can be implemented into our organisation to improve our service.”
Leasehold and Service Charge Finance Assistant, South Yorkshire Housing Association
“This event is a well-organised, informative and inclusive event, with experienced and knowledgeable speakers… definitely worth attending for those involved in service charges.”
Residential and Commercial Lettings Officer, Golding Homes
- Jim Fitzpatrick, MP, Co-Chair, All-Party Parliamentary Group on Leasehold Reform
- Ranjit Bhose QC, Cornerstone Barristers
- Matthew Harrison, CEO and Exec Board Member, Great Places
- Kevin Dunleavy, Head of Homeowner Services,The Guinness Partnership
- Darrell Smith,Senior Policy Advisor, Supported Housing Programme, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Steve Michaux, Director of Residential Services, A2Dominion Group
- Helen Beckett, Service Charge and Leasehold Specialist, Equity Housing
- Peter Hodgkin, Resident Charges Manager, Housing and Care 21
- Scott Jeffreys, Leasehold Officer, Irwell Valley Homes and Chair of the National Leasehold Group Service Charge Sub Committee
- Dawn Growcott, Leasehold Management Officer, Liverpool Mutual Homes
- John Bryant, Policy Leader (Regulation), National Housing Federation
- Amy Simmons, Head of Policy, National Housing Federation
- Sue Ramsden, Policy Leader, National Housing Federation
- Pascale Mezac, Consultant, Plan2moro
|Member early bird||£365|
|Not for profit early bird||£415|
|Private sector early bird||£535|
|Early bird offer ends 12 July 2019|
|Not for profit standard||£515|
|Private sector standard||£635|
Brochure and details
Book 4 or more places to get £150 off your booking
How to book your place
Sponsorship offers a unique opportunity to align your brand with our successful conferences and provides the perfect vehicle for elevating profile, repositioning a brand, increasing competitive advantage, improving brand recall or launching a new product. For more information email James Moscicki or call 020 7067 1148.