9:30am - 4:00pm,
18 December 2018
Sandy Park Conference Centre, Sandy Park Way, Exeter EX2 7NN
This event will bring together experts and stakeholders from within and outside the sector to share their insight and views, and facilitate discussions which will inform future strategy, organisational resilience and risk management.
In a fast-changing environment for housing associations the good news comes hand in hand with new challenges and pressures.
The return to a CPI+1% rent settlement, certainty over future supported housing funding, renewed government investment in new social housing and an increasing recognition of the role housing associations can play in solving the housing crisis all point to a more favourable environment. But they sit alongside the expectation which now falls on us to deliver many more new homes, the economic challenges of Brexit and a slowing housing market, and questions for the sector over transparency and accountability to tenants.
At this event, you will have the opportunity to:
- hear the latest updates from expert speakers across housing, banking and regulation
- join specialist discussions on the key topics affecting housing associations
- network with financial specialists across the south west to build partnerships.
Plenary keynote speakers will be covering:
- The economic landscape and Brexit
- Housing in a changing political environment
- Risk and stress testing – making it real
- Lending and capital markets
- Pension update
- Technical finance update
- VFM post Green Paper
The above sessions will take place at 11.45am and 1.30pm, please choose one workshop for each of the sessions.
Who will benefit most?
Housing associations, third sector organisations and local authority staff, especially:
- audit managers
- board members
- business analysts
- chief executives
- finance directors
- finance managers
- heads of finance
- heads of treasury
- resource directors