The Influencing Academy is an intensive three-day residential that aims to develop leaders in influencing from every part of the housing association sector.
Influencing Academy 2019
This year’s course runs from 12–14 March 2019 at Westminster College, Cambridge.
What you’ll learn
Over an intensive three days of training, you’ll hear from the very best about how to influence with impact, including:
- world class storytelling techniques
- how to draw upon strengths of people power and grassroots campaigning
- insider information on how to get the attention of busy politicians.
You’ll have time to build relationships and share best practice, creating a powerful network of people across the housing association sector who can work together to tell our story.
Previous speakers include:
- Alastair Campbell, journalist, broadcaster, political aide and author
- Isabel Hardman, Editor of the Spectator
- Paul Mason, Economics Editor for Channel 4 News
- Mark Wallace, Executive Editor of the ConservativeHome.
How you’ll use it
The training course is just the beginning. It will give you the skills you need to become a better influencer, which you’ll use throughout 2019 and beyond as Influencing Academy leader.
- You’ll use your skills in your day job to build relationships and tell the story of housing associations.
- You’ll act as an ambassador for the value of influencing within the sector, sharing your expertise within your own organisation and networks.
- You’ll support the Federation’s campaigns and share political intelligence with us so we can shape the political environment and public perceptions on housing issues.
Who can attend?
The Influencing Academy is open to anyone who works for a housing association that is a member of of the National Housing Federation, and staff at all levels are encouraged to apply.
It's free to attend but places are limited.
We will ensure there is a good mix of participants from different types of housing associations and from every region.
We are particularly keen to see applications from:
- housing associations in devolution areas
- housing associations that offer shared ownership
- specialists in tenant engagement or anyone passionate about developing this.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 5pm Monday 14 January 2019.
If you have any questions, please email us.
Join the conversation on Twitter using #InfluencingAcademy.
If you're a comms professional within your organisation, you may want to find out more about our Comms Event March 2019 in Manchester - click here to find out more.