The Influencing Academy is an intensive three-day residential that aims to develop leaders in influencing from every part of the housing association sector.
Influencing Academy 2018
Following the success of the first Influencing Academy, we will be running it again in 2018. It will run from 27 to 29 March at Stoke Rochford Hall, near Grantham.
What you’ll learn:
Over an intensive three days of training, you’ll hear from the very best about how to influence with impact, including:
- World-class storytelling techniques from multi-award winning agency Weber Shandwick
- Harnessing the people power of grassroots campaigning from community organisers Citizens:UK
- Insider information from top line political figures on how to capture the attention of busy politicians
You’ll have time to build relationships and share best practice, creating a powerful network of people across the housing association sector who can work together to tell our story.
Speakers this year include former BBC journalist Paul Mason and Deputy Editor of the Spectator Isabel Hardman.
How you’ll use it:
The training course is just the beginning. It will give you the skills you need to become a better influencer, which you’ll use throughout 2018 and beyond as Influencing Academy leader.
- You’ll use your skills in your day job to build relationships and tell the story of housing associations
- You’ll act as an ambassador for the value of influencing within the sector, sharing your expertise within your own organisation and networks
- You’ll support the Federation’s campaigns and share political intelligence with us so we can shape the political environment and public perceptions on housing issues
How we’ll support you:
Following the training course, the Federation will provide ongoing support to enable you to make the most of your new skills.
Two follow up meetings for all the Influencing Academy attendees to come together to share best practice, challenges and opportunities
Support from the Federation to fully engage in our campaigns, including political intelligence, campaign tools and policy support
A named point of contact to provide guidance and support throughout your year as an Influencing Academy leader
A formal graduation that will celebrate your year as an Influencing Academy leader
Influencing Academy 2018:
Attendees for this year's Influencing Academy have now been chosen. They represent a good mix across all the regions and across different types of associations as well as attendees who work in our key priority areas:
- shared ownership
- tenant voice.
We'll be sharing key learnings from the course and regular updates from attendees on how they've put into practice their new skills. Follow #InfluencingAcademy on Twitter for updates.