To raise awareness and improve understanding of shared ownership with the general public, we’re launching our new brand with a national advertising campaign in October 2019.
In preparation for the launch, we’ve been working with leading media agency AMI, and housing associations across the country to refine our strategy, locations and audiences.
Together, we’ve devised four key principles that underpin our advertising strategy:
- Our activity should complement the work housing associations do. Our primary focus is to raise the profile of shared ownership with those who know it exists but have misconceptions about the product, and with those who don’t know about it at all.
- As this is a brand awareness campaign, we want to cut through the industry noise.
- Our campaign needs to talk to lots of different audiences across the country.
- We will secure our media space and review our targeting strategies at each phase of the campaign. Doing this will allow us to be flexible and to optimize the campaign to the best performing media.
- Phase 1: October – December 2019
- Phase 2: January – March 2020
- Phase 3: April – September 2020
Bringing the campaign to life through media
We have identified core audience groups to target with the paid-for media campaign. It’s never been harder for first time buyers to get on the property ladder so our priority audience will be first time buyers but we look to speak to additional audience groups who may also need shared ownership.
- Private renters / those that live with mum and dad
- Middle market with a change in life circumstances
- Older buyer looking at the opportunity to downsize.
As this is a brand awareness campaign, we plan to run in key locations across England such as:
These cities will offer us maximum exposure to large audience groups and we can also be savvy by hyperlocalising our creative so that it’s relevant to each city.
As well as looking for maximum exposure, we will also prioritize our focus and targeting to minimalize wastage. To do this we’ve looked at where our campaign supporters operate in order to support the shared ownership market in their areas.
We want to cut through the industry noise and standout. We will do this by being present across a mixture of traditional and non-traditional environments, and we will use a multi-platform approach to make sure we’re engaging with audiences at all the right touch points.
Media will include:
- Social Media
- Bespoke Mobile
- Digital Display
- Google PPC (pay-per-click)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
We know insight and analysis into the campaign’s performance will be key for members and we want to share this with you.
The Federation will provide regular updates to all members so they can engage with the campaign.
For campaign supporters we will provide quarterly detailed reporting on the campaign’s performance. For example; local market insight, audience engagement stats with online media and budget deployment across regions and media type.
We’ll also organize regular workshops for supporters so we can review the campaign and hear first-hand from you what’s working and not. We’ll also share with you our learnings and plans for the campaign. Dates will be circulated following launch.