We’ve created a new Welfare Reform National Group.
Each of the Federation’s national groups have a specific purpose to promote discussion around new thinking and best practice in each business stream. The Federation seeks to mitigate the impact of changes in the welfare system on tenants and housing associations and the group will also support and advise the Federation on its lobbying and influencing work.
- advises on the Federation’s priorities, influencing work and support for members on welfare reform
- acts as a sounding board on issues impacting on the ability of people on low incomes to afford a home including Universal Credit and changes in benefit rules
- ensures that the Federation’s work reflects the breadth of housing association experience and activity as well as future ambitions.
- Chair: Justin Freeman, Head of Income Management and Allocations, ForViva
- Vice Chair: Scott Black, Executive Director of Housing and Customer Services, Aldwyck Housing Group
- Katie Shaw, East Thames Group, Policy and Research Manager
- Sarah Aldred, Income Collection Manager, First Choice Homes Oldham
- Matthew Thomas, Director of Housing, Flagship Housing
- Craig Taylor, Head of Income and Financial Inclusion, Friendship Care and Housing
- Catherine Loftus, Income Lead, Gentoo Group
- Jenny Spoor, Head of Neighbourhoods, Greensquare
- Cressida Stanley-Williams, Operations Manager, Hanover Housing Association
- Margarita Morrison, Director of Customer Service, Home Group
- Sara Herrington, Head of Housing and Support, North Star
- Kellie Helbrough, Research and Policy Manager, Notting Hill Housing Trust
- John Orton, Inclusion Manager, Paragon Community Housing
- Chris Parks, Senior Financial Inclusion Officer, South Lakes
- Rachel Willoughby, Service Director, Wellbeing, Wakefield and District Housing
- Sarah Seeger, Head of Customer Accounts, Curo Housing Group
- Peter Yoh, Assistant Director- Operations, Riverside
- Howard Dawson, Deputy Housing Director, Thames Valley HA
We will be sharing updates from the group via Federation News and the Welfare Reform update. For more information on how to engage with our work in this area, please contact Helen Collins, Member and Business Support Manager, 0161 817 5374.