HMRC are running a series of seminars for housing associations on Making Tax Digital for VAT.
25 June 2019
From April 2019, VAT-registered housing associations are required to use the Making Tax Digital service to keep records digitally and use software to submit their VAT returns.
For a number of VAT-registered associations with more complex requirements (such as those in VAT groups), the scheme will not take effect until October 2019.
HMRC are holding a number of webinars on Making Tax Digital for VAT. The webinars will provide some useful background and provide you with the opportunity to put questions to the HMRC team.
These webinars will cover the fundamentals of Making Tax Digital in terms of:
- digital record keeping
- Making Tax Digital compatible software
- working with agents and submitting VAT returns directly from the business
- how to sign up for Making Tax Digital
The dates and times for the seminars are below − visit the HMRC website to register:
- Thu 27 June − 10:00-11:00
- Fri 5 July − 10:00-11:00
- Mon 8 July − 14:00-15:00
- Thu 18 July − 10:00-11:00
- Fri 26 July − 10:00-11:00
- Fri 1 May − 12:00-13:00