This new module from KPMG will support housing associations with setting their Local Government Pension Scheme assumptions.
12 March 2018
This new module is the latest offering from Clearer Pensions, the online portal designed by KPMG.
KPMG provides support to housing associations with access to tailored pension information and advice, delivered to achieve value for money.
The new module will support housing associations with setting their Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) FRS 102 pension assumptions, with a focus on not delaying your reporting, all at low cost.
Your LGPS accounting deficit is sensitive to the assumptions you adopt.
It's the responsibility of each employer to use assumptions appropriate to your specific profile – your organisation does not have to adopt the default assumptions put forward by your LGPS Fund Actuary.
This module will:
- assess an indicative acceptable range within which each assumption should fall, specific to your organisation
- highlight the extent to which assumptions proposed by your fund are prudent or optimistic, relevant to the wider pensions market
- provide the documentation you need should you wish to move away from the fund's default assumptions
- set out key governance considerations around advice, data and compliance.
Purchasing the module
Costing is dependent on the size of your organisation and the number of LGPS participants, and starts from £3,750 plus VAT.
- KPMG will not provide an opinion on compliance, but will include a commentary on pension disclosures and implications for employers.
- If you would like to pursue this module, you will need to inform your fund ahead of your year end. The module provides a draft email for this purpose.
- This module is not available to KPMG audit clients.
For more information, please call 0113 231 3746 (9am-5pm Monday to Friday) or email Clearer Pensions. You can also find out more details on the Clearer Pensions website.