We’re reviewing our Code of Governance with a view to publishing a new version, which will reflect timely issues affecting our sector, such as accountability to residents, health and safety, and equality and diversity in our organisations.
We have designed a three-stage review process to ensure that all of our members – as well as residents and stakeholders – have the opportunity to feed into this review.
1. Open consultation
This first phase of the consultation – on the core principles framing the code.
(Closed 13 March)
2. Collaborative drafting process
We have gone out to tender to find an independent writer to work with us and our advisory group, and using input from our first phase consultation, to draft the new code.
Download the invitation to tender
3. Final consultation on draft code
We will share the draft code for comments through an open consultation process.
Our advisory group is guiding the development of a new NHF Code of Governance. The members of the group bring with them a wide range of expertise and perspectives in the housing sector and beyond.
- Nick Abbey, Chair, Hundred Houses Society and Chair, Tower Hamlets Community Housing
- Sarah Bell, Partner, Grant Thornton UK LLP
- Neil Blanchard, Chief Executive, Southdown Housing Association
- Janet Boston, Board Member, Chorus Homes
- Anne Chapman, Deputy Chair, Golding Homes, Deputy Chair, Eldon Housing, and Vice-Chair, Chartered Institute of Housing
- Steve Douglas CBE, Group Chief Executive, Aquila Services Group plc
- Adrian Gordon, Governance Manager, Together Housing Group
- Sarah Greenhalgh, Senior Associate, Bevan Brittan LLP
- Mark Henderson, Chief Executive, Home Group
- Grainne Heselwood, Chair, Salix Homes
- Bjorn Howard, Group Chief Executive, Aster Group
- Pamela Leonce, Chair, Inquilab Housing Association
- Maxine Loftus, Senior Assistant Director of Regulatory Operations, Regulator of Social Housing
- Chris Martin, Group Company Secretary and Legal Services Director, Places for People Group
- Reverend James Olanipekun, Vice Chair of the Board, Poplar HARCA
- Zoe Ollerearnshaw, Director of Governance, Hyde Housing
- Dave Shaw, Head of Governance, Great Places Housing Group
- Fayann Simpson, Board Member, L&Q
- James Tickell, Partner, Campbell Tickell
- Joanne Tilley, Executive Director of Corporate Services, emh group