This guide to development is tailored specifically for smaller housing associations, describing each stage of the process and outlining useful project management techniques.
6 November 2019
Based on our Developing Affordable Housing publication, it reflects the different risks and challenges faced by smaller organisations when undertaking development projects.
- describes the development environment and different types of scheme
- provides a walk-through of the stages in the development process and the key players involved
- outlines the main project management activities, tools and techniques
- contains helpful illustrations and examples of charts that can be used when planning projects.
The guide also includes two appendices, an adaptable business case template for Gateway reviews and a prompt list of risks for land-led schemes.
- Author: Andrew Drury, HATC
- Number of pages: 41
- Publisher, year: National Housing Federation, 2019