Housing First is an approach to tackling homelessness that is receiving increased recognition, but there are some concerns and misconceptions about what it is. This guide responds to these.
18 October 2018
Homeless Link and the National Housing Federation represent hundreds of organisations that support people who have experience of homelessness and rough sleeping. We've combined our expertise to write a guide on Housing First that covers:
- a summary of the Housing First approach
- an overview of the main housing association concerns
- a response to these concerns from Homeless Link
- conclusion and further resources.
The main concerns that are covered in this guidance are:
- Housing First is seen as a one-size fits all approach.
- Housing First is limiting social housing social.
- Support funding for Housing First is risky.
- Housing First doesn’t help with social isolation.