This briefing details the number of homes started and completed in rural areas in 2018/19.
3 July 2019
Rural housing associations built 4% more homes in 2018/19 than in the previous year, including more than 1,000 social rent homes.
A summary of the results is below:
- Housing associations completed 5,402 homes in rural areas in 2018/19, which is 12% of all completions in England
- Rural completions increased 4% on 2017/18
- They also started 5,163 homes in rural areas, which is 10% of all starts
- Rural starts decreased 2% on 2017/18
- 51% (2,766) of rural completions were delivered outside the Affordable Homes Programme (AHP), compared to 49% (2,551) of starts
- 76% (3,893) affordable completions and 73% (3,553) of affordable starts were delivered through Section 106