Our Local Economic Impact Calculator shows housing associations’ contribution to the productivity of local areas.
7 June 2018
Housing associations are key drivers of economic growth and have a huge impact on the local communities where they operate, adding value to the UK economy and supporting thousands of jobs.
What is the calculator?
The Federation’s Local Economic Impact Calculator is a free, easy-to-use tool available to all members. It allows housing associations to estimate the economic impact of:
- building new affordable homes in their area, simply by inputting a given number of homes
- their day-to-day activity, calculated either by the number of homes managed or turnover
- the activity of housing associations within a given area.
Data can be profiled by:
- local authority area
- combined authority area
- Local Enterprise Partnership area
- English regions.
It’s essential to make this case to local and national politicians. With devolution negotiations placing such a strong emphasis on driving economic growth, the pressure is on for housing associations to demonstrate their strengths.
- Author: Cebr
- Publisher, year: National Housing Federation, 2018
Centre for Economics and Business Research (Cebr) is an independent economics and business research consultancy established in 1992.
This version replaces the 2017 edition. It is based on the latest available data and includes five new combined authorities.
|Member price||List price|
|Digital download||Free||Only available to Federation members.||Buy digital download|