The Department for Communities and Local Government has published a consultation on the proposed changes to the National Planning Policy Framework.
11 January 2016
These changes follow announcements in the Housing and Planning Bill, and the Comprehensive Spending Review, and they seek to:
- change the current definition of affordable housing
- increase residential density around commuter hubs
- support new settlements
- strengthen policy around the use of brownfield land and small sites
- ensure housing is delivered on land allocated in local plans
- allow the effective implementation of the Government’s Starter Homes initiative.
This briefing outlines the changes, along with an overview of the Federation's proposed response.