National Housing Federation events code of conduct
Our mission is to support the housing community across the UK through events, networking and knowledge sharing.
All attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors and volunteers at our events are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organisers will enforce this code throughout the events. We are expecting cooperation from all participants to help ensuring a safe environment for everybody.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Be considerate of those around you.
- Be respectful of others and their viewpoints that may be different from your own.
- Be collaborative with others.
- Be mindful of your words and actions.
Unacceptable behaviours include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behaviour or language including, but not limited to, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other similar categories.
- Visual harassment, such as sexual images OR sexual language at the Event, including in presentations and slide decks.
- Wearing attire that includes harmful or offensive language or imagery that is not appropriate for a professional setting.
- Intimidation or bullying, both online and/or in-person.
- Sharing your event registration or making event content available to an NHF competitor.
- Sharing your event registration with another person(s).
- Possession of a weapon or something that could be construed as a weapon during the Event and on video.
- Possession or mention of illegal substances during the event and on video.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
Consequences of unacceptable behaviour
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated and could result in expulsion from current, and/or ban on attending any future NHF events. If a participant is found or reasonably believed to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour, NHF may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund. If appropriate, local law enforcement may get involved.
We expect participants to follow these rules at events, venues and related social events.
Please alert our events team of anyone who is not following this policy by contacting us on the details below.