Board level group on equality, diversity and inclusion
Board members from housing associations have joined a new NHF national group who are responsible for reviewing how boards can improve equality, diversity, and inclusion at the board level, with a focus on race in the first instance.
This new group is part of our wider programme of work to demonstrate sector leadership on equality, diversity, and inclusion and follows the publication of the Code of Governance 2020 which requires housing association boards to take an active lead on this agenda.
Scope of the work:
- The why – to ensure all housing association boards understand why equality, diversity, and inclusion matters.
- The how – by enabling housing associations to improve diversity, equality and inclusion, equipping them with the tools and resources to they need to do that.
About the group
- The NHF will commission an independent consultant to work with the group, as well as support from NHF.
- This group will be a one-year task and finish group initially, with six meetings throughout 2021-22. We will review progress and the future of the group at the end of that year.
The Board level group on equality, diversity and inclusion is made up of Board members from housing associations across England.
- Andy Walder, Freebridge Community Housing
- Doris Jamieson, Flagship Group
- Evelyn Asantemensah, Arawak Walton HA Ltd
- Faisal Butt, Tower Hamlets Community Housing Ltd
- Fayann Simpson, London & Quadrant Housing Trust
- Isabel Sanchez, Evolve Housing + Support
- Judith Common, Believe Housing Limited
- Kam Urwin, MSV Housing Group Ltd
- Martina Brown, Kingston Churches HA
- Maureen Hopcroft, Salvation Army Housing Association
- Adebayo Oyeniyi, Advance Housing & Support Ltd
- Andy Buck, South Yorkshire HA Ltd
- Nick Yandle, Innisfree Housing Association
- Danielle Oum, WHG
- Liz Potter, Curo
- Nicola Sawford, CHP
- Sally Veitch, Settle Group
- Nadeem Ahmad, Thirteen Group
- Stephen Elliott, The Radcliffe Housing Society Ltd
- Tariq Kazi, Stonewater Ltd
For an informal chat about the group and its work, please get in touch with Sarah Finnegan, using the details below.