The government published its response to the Building a Safer Future consultation on 2 April, setting out how it intends to deliver reforms to the building safety regulatory system.
In our briefing for members, we explain which of the proposals set out in the response are confirmed, and which require further detail, including:
- The scope of the regime, transition, and cost apportionment.
- The new regulator and regulatory regime – including safety cases and the hard stop gateway.
- The Accountable Person and Building Safety Manager roles, and access rights.
- The impact on existing buildings and remedial works.
- Resident voice and engagement.
- Data standards and industry competence.
We also set out:
- Where we still want to influence the final proposals – and the input we'll need from our members to do this.
- How we'll support our members to ensure your residents' safety by adopting the new regulations and continuing remediation projects.
- Where you can find confirmed proposals on construction product safety, regime enforcement and sanctions, the relationship between existing regulation and wider safety measures, and an updated economic assessment.
To help support our influencing work, we've set out a number of questions in the briefing for members with buidings that will into scope of the regime from the outset.
To access the briefing, please log into your member account.
Please login to access this member only content.