We have developed a draft plan for strengthening the relationship between housing associations and their tenants and residents – and we want your feedback.
The ambition of Together with Tenants is to strengthen the relationship between housing associations and their tenants and residents.
Following a large number of conversations, workshops and meetings with members, tenants, residents and stakeholders, we have developed a four-point plan for delivering this an ambition. The four actions are:
- A new requirement in our Code of Governance for boards to be as accountable as possible to their tenants and residents.
- A new charter setting out what tenants and residents can expect from their housing association landlord.
- Tenant and resident oversight and scrutiny of the charter with a report on how their landlord is doing against charter commitments.
- A closer link with regulation.
We want your feedback
This is just a draft plan that we hope will prompt as many different views and voices as possible, particularly from tenants and residents.
That’s why we want to hear from you so we can take this plan forward together, to build a stronger relationship with tenants and residents.
We want to hear from our housing association staff, tenants and residents, and stakeholders, so please get in touch.
- if you work for a housing association, this is how you can submit feedback
- if you’re a housing association tenant or resident, this is how you can submit feedback
- if you’re a social housing stakeholder, this is how you can submit feedback
Please submit your feedback by Friday 19 April.
We’d like to thank all of our members, tenants, residents and stakeholders, including the A Voice for Tenants steering group and the Centre for Public Scrutiny, that have worked with us to develop this plan.
Our member steering group has also been invaluable in shaping this work with their expertise and experience.