We run a task and finish group to work with us to shape the future of funding for supported and sheltered housing.
At the moment, residents in supported and sheltered housing are excluded from being able to claim housing costs through Universal Credit and can claim Housing Benefit under existing rules. In the longer term Housing Benefit will be abolished and a new system will be established to cover housing costs in supported and sheltered housing.
It is essential that supported and sheltered housing providers are involved in the development of any new system for funding these types of housing, and we are committed to working with our members to make that happen.
- helps shape and inform the Federation’s policy activities to develop a credible preferred model or models for funding housing costs in supported and sheltered housing
- acts as a sounding board and critical friend providing expertise and experience to inform this work
- ensures that the Federation’s work reflects the breadth of housing association experience and activity from across the supported and sheltered housing sectors.
- Graeme Jackson, Head of Investment and Development, Advance Housing and Support
- Deborah Latham, Head of Community Support Services, CHS Group
- Andrew Redfern, Chief Executive, Framework HA
- Moira Griffiths, Executive Director Care and Support, Family Mosaic
- Howard Sinclair, Chief Executive. St Mungo's
- Tony Tench, Chief Operations Officer, Housing and Care 21
- Rachel Bryne, Executive Director, Care and Support, Home Group
- Bryonie Shaw, Director of Support and Communities, Impact Housing Association
- Yvonne Castle, Chief Executive, Johnnie Johnson Housing Trust
- John Glenton, Director of Operations for Riverside Care & Support, Riverside
- Charlotte Norman, Chief Executive, Moss Care St Vincent’s
- Andrea Cannon, Director of Client Strategy and Delivery, Transform Housing and Support
- Lawrence Santcross, Care and Support Director, Genesis HA
- Jean Templeton, Chief Executive, St Basil's
- John Wade, Director of Support, Innovation and Insight, Bromford
- Mark Coates, Director of Supported Housing and Empowerment, Knightstone
- Sue Lewis, Group Head of Supported Housing, Together
- Chris Hampson, Chief Executive, Look Ahead
We held an open nomination process in which Federation members could put themselves forward to join the group.